Our central station monitoring center uses highly trained operators that are prompt, courteous, and professional providing peace of mind 24-7. UL Listed and FM Approved, they maintain the latest monitoring technology affording us the ability to serve you better!
List of Services Include:
- 24 hour monitoring with weekly or daily test signals
- Cellular/Internet monitoring provides protection from phone lines being cut or for homes without an analogue telephone line
- Remote connect to your alarm system through Total Connect services allows you to arm/ disarm your system from the internet, smart phone, or by text message. Easily view history of when your system is disarmed, armed, or had an alarm.
- Remote Video allows you to receive video clips of an event via email or view live activity inside or outside your home. Record events such as when your children arrive home, someone pulls into your driveway, or when someone enters your business after hours.
- Text messaging & email upon alarms provides immediate notification and a record of events.
- Supervised openings and closings notify you when an employee has entered the building after hours and provides a weekly or month report.
Why should I have my system monitored?
- Summons Police or Security Personnel when an intruder encroaches
- Prevent mildew damage due to high humidity levels
- Prevent water overflow when air conditioning units or water heater drip pan pipes clog
- Monitor for high carbon monoxide levels
- Monitor for gas leaks
- Chances of being burglarized reduced 300-400%!
- Dispatch EMS in a medical emergency
- Limit the time a burglar has to steal
- Protection for your home and family 24/7 365 days a year.
- Save up to 20% off your homeowners insurance.
- Peace of mind knowing what matters most to you is protected.
Cellular and Internet Alarm Monitoring
Let’s talk about Cellular and Internet Alarm Monitoring. Why has this become such a hot topic? Because many people today will move into a new home do not get a land telephone line or if they do they get a VOIP phone or digital phone line. Why does this matter? It matters because there has to be a way to transmit an alarm signal to our 24-hour central alarm monitoring station. Analogue phone lines which used to be called a POTS line or “plain old analog telephone service” are the only reliable phone lines for these transmitions. So as a result, cellular and internet monitoring services have become a nessisary future of alarm monitoring services.
So Why Cellular
If you aren’t going to be using a home phone line for anything besides your alarm monitoring then it would be a good idea to use cell monitoring. The average home phone bill is about $30 a month.
Cellular technically is much more secure than telephone line monitoring. The cellular alarm-monitoring unit sits above the control panel in the closet and transmits a wireless signal just like a cell signal but of course is stationary. Unlike phone lines, there is no exterior line that can be cut, disabling communications.
With the use of a Cellular device, Internet monitoring is a complimentary and no extra charge from Custom Security. This provides a backup to the cellular monitoring in the event that the cellular service network is temporarily out. The transmission is completed in just seconds! Cellular and internet units also allow you the flexibility of additional services such as email notification, account history, openings and closings. If you have a smart cellular telephone, you can use your cell phone like your keypad wherever you are as if you were at home! Please see our "Total Connect Remote Services" page for addtional information.
Testing Your System
You should test your alarm system, the whole process only takes a few minutes and it can be done anytime day or night. First, call the monitoring station and put your security system on test. Now arm your security system and wait at least 2 minutes for the system to fully arm before walking around your house. Now walk in front of all your motions and the siren should go off. Also, open some or all doors and windows that have security contacts one at a time. Then you can put in your code and turn the system off. Call the central monitoring station and tell them you want to verify the alarm signals which were transmitted. Our friendly central station operator should be able to tell you exactly which zones received.
Get Connected With Total Connect